Damian's Discipline

Damian's Discipline - K.C. Wells, Parker Williams When Damian's Discipline came up on Goodreads I immediately added it to my BDSM shelf, but now that I've finished I removed it. Yes, it is part of a series where the books all revolve around a BDSM club and couples that live the lifestyle in some form, but this book is different and I wouldn't want someone who shies away from BDSM to miss out on a wonderful story. This book can easily be read as a standalone, but if you've been following the series, the timeline runs parallel with Scott and Ben's story, [b:Someone To Keep Me|19453849|Someone To Keep Me (Collars and Cuffs, #3)|K.C. Wells|https://d.gr-assets.com/books/1386991189s/19453849.jpg|27541326], starting at the point where where Scott first meets Jeff.

Jeff is not looking to be a part of the BDSM lifestyle, but is looking to get off the street and away from the abuse and trauma he has suffered. Damian is a Dom, who lost his sub two year prior. He is not looking for a replacement, but wants to help Jeff get his life back on track by offering shelter and encouragement. Jeff has numerous issues to work through including difficulty trusting anyone who is offering something for nothing, but the two men find a way to live together with a set of rules that gives Jeff stability and, at his request, someone to make decisions for him and guide him. While this is new territory for both men they work together to find a routine, albeit with a few stumbling blocks along the way. There is not a quick fix for Jeff's issues and he has to work hard to avoid falling back into old, destructive behaviors.

There is beauty in watching a relationship slowly develop between the two men based on trust, understanding and respect, and the reward is watching Jeff blossom and learn to accept himself as someone worthy of love and happiness. It is a long time before Damian starts to feel an attraction, and starts to reevaluate what he needs from a relationship, but it was anything but a slow story. The pacing felt natural and realistic and when the two men finally acknowledge their feelings for each other it was explosive. I liked getting the points of view from both main characters since they are coming from such different places. There are appearances from most of the characters in the prior books and a very happy surprise for at least one of the couples.

If you like a romance with a slow build and a relationship built on respect, trust and love, you will want to read this book.