Bruised

Bruised - Sean Michael 3.5 stars

Bruised unfolds with a series of scenes from daily life between criminal defense lawyer Billy and mechanic Johnson, starting with the day they meet when Billy drops his truck off for repairs with Johnson. From that moment on the two fall quickly in lust and realize that they share a kink that neither man knew they had.

This book contains a lot of sex with a very specific kink, but it is rather light on the BDSM. Underneath that, the main issue in the book is whether Billy can maintain a balance between his relationship and his stressful job. I will admit that for me there was a bit too much sex, but the characters were so sweet and loving that I couldn’t help but like them.

While the book may be all about the sex, there is a relationship that emerges with clear roles. Johnson is not just the dominant partner, but he dotes on Billy and does everything he can to take care of him. I liked that Billy accepted that care without question as he runs himself into the ground for work. There is no game playing between the two men, other than in the bedroom, and they aren’t afraid to discuss what they want and need from the other.

If you are looking for a quick read that is light and easy, no angst, with a loving couple that was made for each other, plenty of sex and a bit of kink, this story fits the bill.

I received a copy of this book from the publisher in exchange for an honest review.