Straight from the Heart (Exception to the Rule Book 3)

Straight from the Heart (Exception to the Rule Book 3) - Kimberly Gardner 3.5 stars

A mostly sweet, quick read, with just a bit of angst, about out and proud ballet dancer Kyle and football star and presumably straight BMOC Dave. I haven't read the other books in the series but this works as a stand alone story.

The story is told in dual POV's and both MC's were very likable. The secondary characters, Mark and Josie (who are apparently the subject of the prior book) were good, supportive friends and even Dave's girlfriend turned out to be better than the first impression she makes. What stopped me from giving it a higher rating is that the premise of the story, Kyle giving Dave ballet lessons, was quickly dropped and I felt like the scene where Dave talks to his parents about his future should have played out on page in light of prior scenes between him and his father.

I enjoyed the story overall. This was my first book by Kimberly Gardner but I will likely go back and read Mark and Josie's story, [b:His Fair Lady|21840497|His Fair Lady (Exception to the Rule #2)|Kimberly Gardner|https://d.gr-assets.com/books/1396485670s/21840497.jpg|41107872] in the future.