Make Me Soar

Make Me Soar - K.C. Wells 4.5 stars

Finally! Dorian’s story. If you have read any of the Collars and Cuffs books you know Dorian’s reputation as the insatiable pain slut of the club. He is the sub whose jealousy drove him to a spiteful attempt to break up Leo and Alex in [b:An Unlocked Heart|18076442|An Unlocked Heart (Collars and Cuffs, #1)|K.C. Wells|https://d.gr-assets.com/books/1371328887s/18076442.jpg|25381494] (causing him great dislike on my part), but whose seemingly tame scene with Andrew in [b:A Dance with Domination|22061453|A Dance with Domination (Collars and Cuffs, #4)|K.C. Wells|https://d.gr-assets.com/books/1399724363s/22061453.jpg|41391381] left him obviously shaken. I was very happy to see that Dorian is so much more than what prior glimpses showed us and K.C. Wells has managed to make me love him with Make Me Soar.

Dorian’s story is not always an easy read as his attempts to find what he has been missing out on lead him to a poor decision that will leave a permanent mark. Alan is a calm and patient man and just what Dorian doesn’t even know he needs. After watching him at the club for months, Alan swoops into Dorian’s life to save him, but is surprised to find that he needs some saving of his own as well. The two men are a seemingly perfect match not just physically, but intellectually and emotionally as well. I loved just seeing them interact day to day, learning about each other and working through their issues. There were times when I laughed and times where I cried, and I loved seeing Dorian come to realize what had been missing for him most of his life.

Throughout the series K.C. Wells has explored different aspects of BDSM beyond the bondage and pain play and again here, she has crafted a situation unique to the couple whose story is being told. It was great catching up with the other men of Collars and Cuffs, and while the majority of the story takes place away from the club, Dorian and Alan’s first scene there was so beautiful, I had to read it twice. This story can work as a standalone, you would definitely have a much greater appreciation for Dorian’s redemption having read the prior books.

An ARC of this book was provided for an honest review.