Teach Me

Teach Me - K.C. Wells One constant about K.C. Wells' writing is that she never fails to make me fall for her characters. While this story is short, both Nick and Alex grabbed me from the start.

This is a nice, slow growing relationship. Nick is at a low point in his life. He is in his thirties and still denying his sexuality, doing everything he can to eliminate temptation. When he comes upon his former student Alex hitchhiking, there is no question that he will do what he can to help him out, including giving him a place to stay. Alex has had a difficult few years and just when he thought things might be getting better, he is dealt a blow he never expected. As the two men get reacquainted after seven years, they discover they have a lot more in common the former student-teacher relationship.

The story moves along well and we learn a lot about both men and the painful things that brought them to where they are now in their lives. As they build a friendship, both are dancing around and hiding their other long repressed feelings. When someone finally makes a move, the chemistry is sizzling. K.C. Wells definitely knows how to write a love scene that will heat you up and make you smile!

I'll admit I'm usually not a big fan of novellas as I find they often have to jump in and rush things, but Teach Me did neither. The story is fully realized, with humor to balance the difficult times and plenty of tenderness. By the time it was over, I fully knew Nick and Alex and was completely invested in their story and their happiness. A perfect afternoon read.