The Boyfriend Mandate (The Boyfriend Chronicles Book 2)

The Boyfriend Mandate (The Boyfriend Chronicles Book 2) - River Jaymes 3.5 stars
This one was a tough one for me. Maybe just listing things in no particular order is the best way for me to go about this one.

Tyler, who like most people I did not like in [b:The Backup Boyfriend|19059695|The Backup Boyfriend (The Boyfriend Chronicles, #1)|River Jaymes|https://d.gr-assets.com/books/1385797196s/19059695.jpg|27085211], redeemed himself immediately. I loved him and I felt bad for him, even those times where I wanted to shake him. He was a fantastic character and his back story gave a clear understanding of where he was coming from.

My biggest problem was Memphis. For the majority of the book I did not like him, and even at the end I never fully came around. He not only treated Tyler like crap in the past, he continued to do so throughout most of the book. He was manipulative and did I mention he treated Tyler like crap.

My second big problem was Noah. It was the same problem I had with him in the first book, but it seemed magnified here, but maybe that was just because I didn't like the way Tyler was being treated by Memphis. It is not singular to Noah, because I often have trouble with characters that mean well but get too involved. I understand he has a heart of gold and loves these guys to death, but I don't like the way he goes about doing things. That being said, I know I'll still read his book.

With everyone else manipulating Tyler, it was nice seeing Alec and especially Dylan, who really played more of a part in helping Tyler out. I'm wondering how their news will play out. I think that may even need a book of its own. So while I liked getting to know Tyler better, I think he deserved better.

#TylerDeservedBetter
(I totally stole this from Kade's review)