Golden Dancer (Dangerous Dancers Book 1)

Golden Dancer (Dangerous Dancers Book 1) - Tara Lain Full review originally posted at Sinfully.

I was a bit torn about this book as there were things I really liked and some things that just didn’t work, but overall it was an enjoyable read with plenty of steamy hot sex, and I always enjoy the dynamics of a ménage story when all the men are new to each other. The three men in this story couldn’t be more different, but they all wind up working very well together; Mac a hard news reporter investigating the theft of a statue called The Golden Dancer, Daniel the self-made billionaire and Mac’s number one suspect, and Trelain a superstar of the ballet world.

Trelain and Mac are taken with each other from the moment they meet. As much as Mac wants to deny that what he is feeling is an attraction to the gorgeous man, Mac doesn’t have much of a choice though when after an unexpected happy ending to their meeting, he can’t get Trelain out of his mind. While Mac is keeping his distance and questioning his newfound feelings, Trelain meets super sexy billionaire Daniel Terrebone and agrees to spend some downtime at the his house on the beach. Again the attraction is instant, and unlike Mac, Daniel has more than willing to indulge in anything Trelain might want. When word of Daniel and Trelain gets back to Mac, he panics and shows up at Daniel’s home in hopes of rescuing Trelain from the possible thief’s clutches, only to fall prey to Daniel’s charm and magnetism himself. From that moment on all bets are off as far as both business and pleasure go, as Mac discovers his sexuality with the help of two very willing teachers and begins to question whether the Daniel he is coming to know could possibly be the art thief he’s been investigating. What none of the men know however, is just how ruthless others with an interest in the statute are and the lengths they are willing to go to in order to get it back.

There is A LOT of sex in this book and that’s not a complaint because other than one scene that had a distracting overuse of condoms, it was all very hot and very well done. It covers all combinations and all the men are quite versatile, even the previously repressing his homosexuality gay sex virgin Mac is all in! The relationship does move very fast as the entire story plays out over a matter of weeks and in that short time the men go from strangers to planning a commitment ceremony.

One of the things that didn’t work for me is that there were a number of plot points that seemed too easily resolved. From the initial set-up of the story pitting Mac against Daniel, I was expecting it to result in a little bit more tension between them when the big reveal came, but it turned out to be rather anticlimactic. The tense family relationships between Trelain and his mother, and Mac and his father, also were resolved with relatively little difficulty as well.

The thing that really kept me reading was the relationship between the three men. I did like seeing Daniel, who is such an authoritative man in public, being almost submissive and doting when it comes to his partners. Trelain is a spitfire, all energy and sexuality, and he has quite a bossy streak as well. Mac is the most well-drawn of the three men. He has so much to consider from his realization about why his love life was always so miserable and the reasons behind his repressing of his sexuality, to the fact that he is still investigating Daniel even as he is growing attached, yet every time he is with his men those thoughts get pushed further and further aside.

As far as the mystery goes, it started off a bit slow for me, but it did keep me wondering what exactly was going on for most of the story. Although the number of secret players got occasionally convoluted, there was also a twist to it that I didn’t see coming, so that‘s always a win in my book. The mystery isn’t the strength of this book though and most of the time is spent on the relationship part of the story.

When it comes down to it, this is a hot, sexy ménage with three interesting men who can’t get enough of each other, and a side of mystery. If that’s what you’re looking for in a story, this will definitely work for you.

description