Exposed

Exposed - Bey Deckard Originally reviewed at Sinfully.

Considering the only other Bey Deckard book I’ve read was [b:Max|31685802|Max|Bey Deckard|http://images.gr-assets.com/books/1472239840s/31685802.jpg|52359081], a psycho-sexual horror/thriller about a homicidal psychopath and his doctor, Exposed came as quite a surprise. A sweet, kinky, romantic surprise and I absolutely loved it!

Greg is 43 and working a boring job. His passion lies in erotic photography, but that’s not what’s paying his bills. As far as relationships, his last was traumatic and he has been celibate by choice the past 4 years. He’s a sadist who has always been in D/s relationships but no longer trusts himself to dominate a partner. Emyr, at 23, is an up-and-coming star with a controversial song propelling his career and about to embark on a world tour. He is already feeling the pressure of people wanting things from him and spewing hate of the misinterpreted intent of the lyrics to his song. A chance meeting at a park bench between Greg and Emyr sets this story in motion. Their willingness to each take a crazy chance leads to an evening that is emotional, eye-opening and sexually charged but ultimately ends awkwardly. Luckily Emyr is not one to be easily deterred and he pursues Greg until the man finally gives in.

One of the things that got me so invested in the story and allowed their relationship to move somewhat quickly is the honesty between them. The two men communicate beautifully, although often Emyr seems to be the more adult thinker of the two, and there is one thing Greg has difficulty voicing. Greg still needs to work through the trauma he went through and he is trying to let go of the past so he can move forward with what could be the best thing to ever happen to him. Told from Greg’s point of view I really could feel the way Emyr broke through and how Greg’s ability to trust in both Emyr and himself slowly grew, deepening the relationship and allowing the kink they both craved to fully develop.

“You’re not being prudent with your image, Mister Rock Star,” I said in a low voice.
“Who cares? I don’t. Let them talk.”
“You’re young enough to be my son,” I pointed out.
“So, I’ll call you Daddy from now on.”

I loved the way the dynamic between them flowed naturally. Yes, it’s mostly Daddy/boy kink with Emyr submissive to Greg, but there isn’t a strict set of rules to the play. The daddy play seems to satisfy Greg but also results in the conflicting desires of wanting to hurt Emyr, but then again not wanting to hurt him, but Emyr wonders if Greg’s just holding back out of fear. Greg, who has always been quite sadistic when it came to his partners, finds a different way to satisfy his wants with Emyr that outshines anything he has felt or encountered before. But once again, Emyr is not to be deterred from getting what he wants. Emyr is that compelling mix of innocence with a raw sexuality that simmers underneath most times but comes out full force both when he is onstage and when he is with Greg.

I haven’t read much Daddy kink, but this on the lighter side and damn the scenes between Emyr and Greg were hot. As a personal preference, I always fear an “ick factor” with that kink, but I did not get that here at all. It was all done so well and the equality between the men outside of those scenes let me view it for what it was, an expression of the comfort and safety Emyr felt when he is with Greg and Greg’s desire to give Emyr anything he needed. Without spoiling anything there is one scene where Emyr turns the tables on Greg (with his permission of course) harkening back the first night they met, that highlights the trust, love and comfort that they give to each other regardless of that Daddy/boy dynamic that is so often in place.

I absolutely loved every moment of this story. It grabbed me from the get-go and I didn’t want to put it down. Sweet and kinky (with an age gap to boot!) is a win-win for me and Bey Deckard balanced it perfectly here. I wouldn’t say no to revisiting these two in the future if the author ever felt the need to write some more of their story - in fact that would absolutely get a "Hell Yeah!”.

description