Chance Assassin: A Story of Love, Luck, and Murder - Nicole Castle This is the craziest book I've read in a long time. The relationship between Vincent and Frank is all kinds of nuts and really somewhat sweet, and I could not get enough of these two.

When we meet Vincent, he is just shy of his 17th birthday, homeless and broke and bleeding out from a knife wound. He manages to make it to the hotel room of Charlie when the door is answered by Frank, the man of his dreams, just before he passes out. We start to get the story of Frank and his handler Charlie, as Vincent does all he can to stay by the mysterious Frank's side. Frank takes care of Vincent and soon the two embark on a bloody road trip from one hit job to another.

What makes this book tick is that Frank and Vincent love what they are doing. They take great joy in the stalking and the killing. They also have an intense love and loyalty for each other. Underneath all of that are two men who have suffered greatly during their lives, and still find comfort in mundane things (Vincent's love of soap operas and sarcastic humor and Frank memorizing classic literature). Charlie is all kinds of sleazy and a good villain. If you are a fan of the movies Natural Born Killers and Pulp Fiction, this book will work for you.