The Flesh Cartel #5: Wins and Losses - Rachel Haimowitz, Heidi Belleau Oh Nikolai, you crazy bastard, I just want to punch you in the face every time you open your mouth. The mind games keep going in this episode as Nikolai continue his quest to sever the brothers' loyalties to each other.

Poor Dougie, just barely keeping hold of himself. As much as he knows what is happening to him, the constant abuse and mind games are wearing him down. Nikolai keeps watering those seeds of doubt as to how Mat would feel about Dougie's actions. Nikolai tells Dougie that he was once just like him, that he is the "after" picture that he will mold Dougie into if only Dougie lets Nikolai love him.

Mat on the other hand may have found a small chink in Nikolai's armor. Mat still hanging onto his pride and doing whatever he has to that will bring him back to Dougie, is told by Nikolai that he has to learn how to manipulate his new master. Nikolai is still walking that line with Mat to keep him fighting but ensure obedience. I liked that we were really given a deeper look into Mat's thought process here and it gave me hope that Mat just may be able to figure out a way to save them.