The Way Back by Carter Quinn

The Way Back - Carter Quinn

A very enjoyable read. This book could have veered off course and become a soap opera, but somehow the author kept it from going overboard. It had just the right amount of angst, humor and feels to keep me intrigued.

The blurb sets out the straightforward plot line. Riley at times appears to be completely oblivious to the fact that Eric treated him like dirt in college, and he insists that the man was the love of his life and has ruined him for future relationships. His new romance with his other college friend Jason is just starting but seemingly strong. When Eric suddenly makes contact again after 6 years of silence, it is Jason who pushes Riley to face his lingering feelings. When Eric lays out his sob story, Riley decides to give him a chance, but there are events that Riley doesn't know about that may have colored everything that happened from their first hookup back in school.

Although I wanted to his Riley over the head at a number of points during this book, I appreciated his sincerity in trying to work things out. Eric is the villain you want to throw to the wolves and Jason is, for the most part the perfect guy. As the story unfolds, different sides of each man come out and you have to really wonder how things will work out in the end. I'm looking forward to reading more from Carter Quinn.