My Heartache Cowboy: (Intermix)

My Heartache Cowboy: (Intermix) - Z.A. Maxfield I really enjoy ZA Maxfield's writing and this one was no exception. Different in tone from [b:My Cowboy Heart|17898625|My Cowboy Heart (The Cowboys, #1)|Z.A. Maxfield|https://d202m5krfqbpi5.cloudfront.net/books/1367895039s/17898625.jpg|25069054], this picks up the story of Jimmy and Eddie basically where it left off in the first book, but it can easily be read as a stand alone.

Although Jimmy and Eddie have been friends and coworkers for many years, the two don't know each other as well as they should. Both have kept secrets and all of it will come out as Eddie helps Jimmy through a forced alcohol detox. Eddie's old friend and lover Don becomes an integral part of the story and Jimmy and Eddie's relationship. To me, Don's behavior was a bit off putting for most of the story. Based on his personal experience, what he knows of Eddie and Jimmy's relationship, and the fact that he is a doctor, I felt he took advantage of Jimmy's weakness, but he did grow on me by the end.

Overall, it was a beautiful story about Jimmy accepting who he is and trying to crawl out from under his addiction. It is not always an easy read, but it was beautifully handled by the author without sugar coating and well worth the read.