Newton's Laws of Attraction

Newton's Laws of Attraction - M.J. O'Shea I'm going to admit I judged this book by it's cover, and to me the cover said quirky rom-com with a nerdy science teacher. What did I get? A punch in the heart. Nothing told me I would be tied up in knots on the verge of tears with my heart breaking for the majority of the story, but I loved every minute of it.

Best friends since Rory moved in next door at age 7, Ben and Rory were inseparable. While it may have taken 10 years to admit their feelings for each other the summer before their senior year of high school, once that's done they know they are meant to be together forever and always. Cut to 8 years later and Ben is preparing to return to his job as an art teacher at his old high school, only to find that the new science teacher is none other than Rory. Wait a minute? They're not together? What happened?

Well we don't have to wait long to find out that Ben at 17, acted like an idiot and did something that destroyed their relationship. It is clear that he regrets what happened and that his actions have haunted him over the past 8 years, and who could blame Rory for not wanting to have anything to do with him now. Ben, however is determined to apologize and do whatever it takes to get back into Rory's good graces. It is obvious that he still loves Rory and he isn't going to give up easily. Rory, however is not going to give in to Ben without making him work for it. Hard. Really hard. In fact my heart broke again and again watching Ben take anything Rory was willing to give. It got the the point where I wanted to punch Rory. From tentative friendship, to friends with benefits, to maybe something more. Just when things seem to have settled, M.J. O'Shea plunged the knife back into my chest. Seriously? How hard does this have to be? Luckily for Ben he has a wonderful support group of friends, who made for a fun group of secondary characters.

So, if you like friends to lovers becoming enemies to lovers, second chance romance with plenty of angst and being put through an emotional wringer, read this book. I couldn't put it down. The only other thing I could have wanted from this book was a little bit of Ben and Rory couple time at the end. My suggestion to M.J. O'Shea? Give Fen his own book and make sure Ben and Rory are there to help him out.