Pony

Pony - SJD Peterson I've been waiting for Max's story in this series after hearing about him for the past two books, and then finding out who exactly Aiden is in the last installment, and I was not disappointed with his story.

Max is blindsided by the attraction he feels after seeing Aiden behind the counter of his local coffee shop. In fact, it takes him days to work up the courage to ask him out. The two men easily hit it off and it quickly becomes clear that Aiden has more than a little interest in exploring his kinks and submissive fantasies with the dominant Max.

There is not much drama in this story other than Aiden trying to come to terms with his feelings for Max and his concerns over losing himself in his submissive role. This is really the story of the two men navigating a new relationship and new world for Aiden as Max introduces him to submission, working his way to fulfilling Aiden's pony play fantasy, and Max finding something that had been missing in his previous d/s relationships. Max and Aiden quickly became my favorite couple in the series and the couple with the hottest chemistry so far.

The story follows the same timeline as [b:Pup|17334935|Pup (Guards of Folsom, #1)|S.J.D. Peterson|https://d202m5krfqbpi5.cloudfront.net/books/1360859589s/17334935.jpg|24066691] and [b:Tag Team|18003223|Tag Team (Guards of Folsom, #2)|S.J.D. Peterson|https://d202m5krfqbpi5.cloudfront.net/books/1370080651s/18003223.jpg|25266040], but if you haven't read those you can dive right into this one. There is also a nice little update on the men of Whispering Pines Ranch. If you are concerned about the pony play, I don't think you should let that put you off the book. The book is definitely BDSM but is more about Max and Aiden building their relationship than the actual pony play which is one full scene at the end with some fantasy and discussion before hand and didn't come off as hard core.