Christmas Kitsch

Christmas Kitsch - Amy Lane A sweet, heartwarming read, with just the right amount of angst and drama, that had me tearing up a bit but left me smiling. It was lighter Amy Lane than I've read in the past, but still had that signature style that makes me feel so deeply for the characters. One of the things I find her writing does best is make me feel the characters' sadness and disappointment when faced with family rejection.

I loved Oliver's determination to get exactly what he wants, and Rusty's absolute devotion to Oliver in the face of his parents' rejection. Rex, Rusty's college roommate was a bigger than life, joy to read.

My only real issue with the story was the suddenly out of character actions of Rusty's parents at the end. It was hard for me to believe that all of a sudden, out of nowhere, they would have a queen size bed delivered to the apartment. If that had been skipped, and it had been left at the future description of them working on repairing their relationship it would have felt more in line with the rest of the book for me.