The Mating of Michael (Sex in Seattle Book 3)

The Mating of Michael (Sex in Seattle Book 3) - Eli Easton 4.5 stars

Piper's Peeps BR

A wonderful story and easily my favorite of the series. Michael is one of the most caring and lovable characters I have read, and I have loved him since his appearance as a surrogate for Dr. Jack's clinic in the first book. His capacity to see people for who they are and give them what they need is beautiful. James has had an incredibly difficult childhood, but is a successful, but reclusive writer. When Michael meets the man he has idolized for years he pursues him, and basically drags him into a friendship. James has difficulty with trust, for good reason, so things do not go easily, but Michael is willing to be whatever James needs.

I thoroughly enjoyed watching the friendship between the men blossom. The two men have great chemistry and they are both witty and smart. There was a nice slow build where we really got to know them before they jumped into a sexual relationship. As things progress, Michael wrestles with balancing his feelings for James and his surrogacy work. Although the two are so different in his mind, he knows that it is something that is difficult for others to understand.

In addition to the two main characters, the secondary characters, especially some of Michael's clients, are well written and play a large part in the story. There is even a peek into some of James' writing. More serious in tone than the first two books, this one was filled with emotion on the way to a well deserved HEA. Even if you haven't read the first two books, I highly recommend reading this one.