Brothers in Arms (The Broken Road Cafe #2)

Brothers in Arms (The Broken Road Cafe #2) - T.A. Webb I enjoyed this book just as much as the first. Tom Webb just has a gift for pulling you into a story, keeping up the pace and bringing out emotions. This picks up shortly after book 1 and Dan is settling into his new life in Blue Ridge. He is still struggling with his broken relationships with his ex, Abe, and his best friend Gary while he is trying to decide whether to continue exploring things with closeted Officer Yummypants Nick who doesn't seem to have any plans on coming out of the closet for anyone.

Things start off with a very unexpected reveal that throws Dan back onto an emotional rollercoaster. In addition, the harassment of his busboy, Charlie, escalates and the people who should be protecting him are failing miserably or actually encouraging the bullying. Gary is back trying to salvage their friendship, and the women in his life continue their helpful meddling. As if that wasn't enough, the trouble his former law partners have gotten into is worse than Dan expected and continues to pose a threat.

As with every Tom Webb story I've read so far, I laughed and cried and then begged for more. Luckily I now know there are two more planned for the series.